THE UGLY "D" WORD

So for the past few months (8 months to be exact) I have been trying to live more healthy. I have chosen not to use the word diet because the moment my brain hears diet it starts to immediately crave every carb and sugar known to human kind. The first three months was difficult and you couldn't get me to exercise even if you paid me. I would eat right but not lift a finger or move a muscle. Then one Sunday night I got inspired and decided I would go for a walk.

Let me tell you this much all the wonderful fit people out there who tells you exercising is awesome and amazing once you start is complete and utter assholes. (sorry not sorry) My first two weeks of exercise was torture. Every day I exercised I wanted to die. No I am not joking it was torture and I hated every moment of it but I decided I wanted to be healthier so I pressed on.

Believe me it's still a daily struggle to live healthy and eat healthy. There are days that I refuse to exercise because I don't feel like it and there are days I eat pizza or pasta or donuts because who in their right might would give that up for good. Healthy living for me isn't about always choosing the salad, it's about making the healthy choice most of the time. 

I enjoy my exercise time now even though sometimes I still struggle. I haven't lost all the unhealthy weight that I have to but I am getting there. I believe that being healthy doesn't mean you are skinny, I believe being healthy means you don't have to worry about your cholesterol or being a diabetic because of the foods you eat. I am no health nut or nutritionist but we have all these resources we can use to start living a more healthy life. Not be skinny but to be happy. 

Loosing weight has been one of the best things I have done for myself. I feel so much more confident and happy with myself. I feel great in my clothes and that alone is amazing. The one thing I want you to know is please don't loose weight to make other people happy. They'll just find another reason to be unhappy. Loose weight to make yourself happy and healthier.  The other option is so depressing!

Till Later
Hester

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WRITERS BLOCK

LOVE YOURSELF