BODY SHAMING

BODY SHAMING
As I've mentioned before I'm trying to live a more healthy life. Eating better and exercising to get the unhealthy weight off. Well it worked so far. I have lost some weight and I feel so much better about myself. (some days) One thing I do not understand is why we as woman (I think men does this too they just never will admit to it) will always have something that is "wrong" about our bodies. 

A close friend and I have been going through the same struggle for years. We tried weight loss method after another and nothing really seemed to work. She started this eating better and exercising and she lost an impressive amount of weight. I am so proud of her! She really looks amazing and still the both of us have those days where nothing about our bodies seems to be right.

My thighs are too BIG, my feet is too small, my nose it too pointy and my butt is too flat. Does that sound familiar? Yeah, we all do it. We have some part that we really dislike and wish we could change. You picked up on mine? Yes, my thighs. I have big thighs and have been working on getting them just to shrink. I have never been a fan of my big legs.

We run around after one miracle wonder drug or other just to find that skinny girl inside of us. We cry in the shower or in front of a mirror because what we see makes us so unhappy it's unbearable. And time and time again we loose the battle and nothing changes or it does and then suddenly it's back again. Why? Let me try to explain how I see it...

Every time we turn on the television or open a magazine we see these girls with the "perfect" figures. They can wear the sexiest clothes and jaw dropping heels. Society have conditioned us to the "perfect" figure and we have accepted that way of thinking. So every time we try to loose weight we try to look like one of these girls and that's not possible. We all have different figures, we're all different and that is not just okay that is amazing.

Why not for once try to be the better YOU. I'm not saying if you're eating unhealthy just keep going, I'm saying try to live healthier but do it for yourself. Be healthier and if you loose weight in the process that is a wild bonus! We all deserve to feel at home in our own bodies but what we do not deserve is body shaming... It would be so boring if everyone fit into the same box (literally and figuratively) we weren't made to be the same but to stand out as the unique, different size, color and personality that we have.

Shine baby!
Hester

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WRITERS BLOCK

LOVE YOURSELF