BEING TRUE TO YOURSELF

For a very long time I had this idea that I need to change myself to fit into society, to be like the next person, to be able to fit in and be accepted. And for a long time that was exactly what I did and I was the most unhappy person. I couldn't understand why when i was excepted by everyone and I was fitting in why I was that unhappy. Still for years I just lived the life that I was told to, I did what everyone else did with no thought of what I want for myself.

Until one day when I didn't recognized myself, I've become this whole other person and I didn't like the person that I have become. Then and there I decided to strip away all of this other person that was suffocating who I really am. It wasn't easy, it didn't happen right away because it's difficult just throwing away a certain way of thinking and doing things. It took time and hard work, looking inside and finding the real you. We've become so used to people telling us what we must do, what we must wear, how to do your hair, what to say and where to work that we've stopped thinking for ourselves. 

So I stopped, I started over and I am happier now being the real me than being anyone else. Why would you want to fit in when we were born to be unique, no one made the same, so why not stand out as the real you and not the fake someone else...

It doesn't matter what other people think about you, what is important is what you think about yourself. We do not have to make sure people like us, we only have to love each other the way we are.

Till next time
Hester

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WRITERS BLOCK

LOVE YOURSELF